CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

First Blog Posting

Yay my first blog post! ^.^ I learned about fun weekly activities for book bloggers thanks to Soulunsung. Since I'm not quite finished with my first book that I'll be reviewing, I decided it was time to post something anyway. I feel like I've been taking forever trying to get this blog going and simply didn't want to wait anymore. Speaking of which, today is Waiting on Wednesday which is a weekly activity created by Jill at Breaking the Spine. My pick for the week is the recently announced Inheritance by Christopher Paolini.

Inheritance

By Christopher Paolini

Release Date: 11/8/11
Not so very long ago, Eragon Shadeslayer, Dragon Rider, was nothing more than a poor farm boy, and his dragon, Saphira, only a blue stone in the forest. Now the fate of an entire civilization rests on their shoulders. Long months of training and battle have brought victories and hope, but they have also brought heartbreaking loss. And still, the real battle lies ahead: they must confront Galbatorix. When they do, they will have to be strong enough to defeat him. And if they cannot, no one can. There will be no second chances.
The Rider and his dragon have come further than anyone dared to hope. But can they topple the evil king and restore justice to Alagaƫsia? And if so, at what cost? This is the much-anticipated, astonishing conclusion to the worldwide bestselling Inheritance cycle.

I, along with the rest of the world, have been waiting ever so anxiously for the final book of the Inheritance Cycle and now it is finally within sights! Brisingr, the third in the series, was released almost three years ago, yea. It seems the standard wait time for the next novel in a series is one year but since this is the final book I'm sure Christopher Paolini has worked really hard to wrap up the story in a way that will be satisfying to the fans. Okay so I have a confession....I have yet to finish Brisingr >_< It's just that nobody knew when the fourth book was coming out and I didn't want to forget important details while waiting. But knowing that it's to be released this year, I can happily dive back into the world of Alagaesia ^_^







3 comments:

  1. I haven't read this series, but it does have a very captivating sound...love the cover, too.

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I'll be sure to check out your blog thanks ^.^ Yes the Inheritance Cycle is a must read in my opinon, especially if you like fantasy. Christopher Paolini is, hands down, one of my all-time favorite authors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this series, but I've only read the 1st too. I've been meaning to read the rest in the series forever, but just haven't gotten around to it :)

    -Kate the Book Buff
    http://www.thebookbuff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete